Does it works also on WHS?

Sep 11, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Hey mates,

this little program seems to be a smart solution for many MCE users who has bought Linksys extenders.

My question is can i install this application on Windows Home server? I don't wanna keep a PC always powered on... if yes i will keep the Media center directly and avoid the problem.

Thank you best regards

Chris

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Hi, not sure.  Unfortunately I don't have WHS to test.  I can't see any reason why it would not work.  If you try it let me know how you get on.

Cheers, Al

Sep 15, 2009 at 12:09 PM

Hi Al,

first thank you for your help.

The problem is that WHS cannot recognize the setup file as a compatible software... All I must do to install a working add in is to move the file in a particular Folder and enter the remote console to start the setup. But in the console the file isn't visualized.

All the working WHS add in by the way are always *.msi files...

I can only suppose that the msi files you have compiled is a bit different from the usual recognized from WHS... Is it possible?

What do you think?

Thank you very much, bye bye

Chris

Sep 15, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I just posted a message on thegreenbutton.com and got a response that asm495 is using it on WHS.  See http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/p/77923/389267.aspx#389267

I'm sorry but unfortunately I am not much help, as I don't have WHS to test. 

Are you able to open a remote desktop session and run the msi file from there?  I would expect it should then install as a normal windows service.